If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Poblanos and potatoes are a marriage made in heaven. —shearpamela
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes, cooked and chopped
- 2 Poblanos, charred, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups Fresh Cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- 3/4 cup Crema Mexicana, Creme Fraiche or Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Cumin Seed, ground
- 1 Onion, diced (or 1 cup chopped green onions)
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and add salted water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Put the chiles over a gas flame or underneath the broiler and cook until they are blackened on all sides. Enclose them in a plastic bag and let stand for 10 minutes to steam, which will make them easier to peel. Peel, stem, and seed the chiles. Set aside.
- Toast cumin seed in a dry skillet stirring often until fragrant, then grind to a powder.
- Combine cream, onion, spices, lime juice and cilantro and stir until well combined. Fold into potatoes and add salt and pepper to taste
- Note: Fresh Corn can be added to this salad to take it over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish