Author Notes: Easy to make, delicious to eat. Good for kids or adults. Can be made day ahead and eaten cold or reheated. Mini's allow you to eat as little or as much as you want. —bigpan
Makes: 12 minis
mini hamburger buns
cup real dijon mustard
pieces sliced deli ham
pieces sliced swiss cheese
pieces sliced dilll pickle
- roast or bbq pork tenderloin
- slice tenderloin on bias for 12 slices
- spread dijon on insides of mini hamburger buns
- layer pork, ham, cheese and pickle into mini bun
- bbq or pan fry mini buns until bun toasty and cheese melted; turn when bbq marks appear on cooked side.
- (best result is when mini bun is "pressed" with a weight)
- serve hot off the grill, or cold. Can be reheated wrapped in tinfoil the next day.
- stand back and receive gracious applause for a great picnic (or appetizer) mini sandwich !
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish