Author Notes: When the zucchini at the farmers' market is slim, deep-green, and at its sweetest, forget about turning on the cooktop and instead shave it raw instead. With a drizzle of your finest extra-virgin olive oil and a scattering of raw walnuts, this is one summer ingredient at its finest. —earthlyepicurean
ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano or another hard, raw milk cheese
cup raw walnuts (fresh)
tablespoons high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt, preferably Maldon salt
- With a mandoline or peeler, shave the trimmed zucchini into thin ribbons. Place into a bowl.
- Toss together with remaining ingredients.
- Add the olive oil, adding more if you prefer. Toss.
- Season to taste. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw