If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A new take on brussel sprouts. I wanted to make something sweet. Vanilla Bean Paste is one of my favorite ingredients. Cheaper and way easier than scraping a vanilla bean. I love sauces and I like the juxtaposition of sweet, crispy sprouts paired with an even sweeter and creamy sauce. As the sprouts cook, the walnuts get coated in the olive oil mixture and become candied in a way. Completely different, completely delicious —MollyMartin
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
pound Brussel Sprouts
cup Walnut Halves
cup Olive Oil
tablespoons Vanilla Bean Paste
tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
Balsamic Whipped Cream
cup Heavy Whipping Cream
tablespoon Balsamic Cream
- Turn oven to 375. Cut all sprouts lengthwise in half and set aside. Heat small skillet and add walnuts, stirring occasionally to keep them from burning. Cook until browned and toasted, about 5-10 minutes. Set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together the salt, balsamic vinegar, vanilla bean paste and oilve oil. Add sprouts and walnuts, Toss thoroughly making sure all sprouts are well-coated. Lay the sprouts and walnuts out on a baking sheet and cook for about 30-45 minutes or until sprouts seem crisp and browned. They might looked burned but it is just the darkness of the balsamic.
- Before serving, beat heavy whipping cream to hard peaks, fold in Balsamic Cream( I Iike to use the brand Cucina Viva Balsamic Cream)
- Plate sprouts and walnuts with a dollop of Balsamic Cream and enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts