Author Notes: The key word for this recipe is "fresh". Quality of ingredients definitely makes a difference here; summer is the perfect time of year to snag fresh, heirloom carrots, radishes and herbs. - totalnoms —totalnoms
Food52 Review: Easy and simple, this tastes very much like a seaweed salad at a sushi joint. I found the three julienned radishes to look spare and lonely, so I julienned two more for the salad. totalnoms is right, this is a really fresh dish. My first thought was ‘wouldn't this be yummy with shredded seaweed in it?!’ My husband thought a bit of heat might be a nice addition. Maybe another time. In its original format, this recipe makes a lovely, fresh, flavorful dish! - em-i-lis —em-i-lis
Serves: 4 (as a side dish)
tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
tablespoon toasted sesame oil
teaspoon lemon juice
cup parsley, chopped
- Scrub carrots and radishes. Peel carrots, and shred using a mandoline, or in a food processor fitted with a shredding disk. Julienne radishes into thin matchsticks.
- Transfer shredded carrots and julienned radishes into a serving bowl. Pour in rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey and lemon juice, and toss vegetables to coat evenly. Sprinkle with shredded parsley.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw