If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The key word for this recipe is "fresh". Quality of ingredients definitely makes a difference here; summer is the perfect time of year to snag fresh, heirloom carrots, radishes and herbs. - totalnoms —totalnoms
Food52 Review: Easy and simple, this tastes very much like a seaweed salad at a sushi joint. I found the three julienned radishes to look spare and lonely, so I julienned two more for the salad. totalnoms is right, this is a really fresh dish. My first thought was ‘wouldn't this be yummy with shredded seaweed in it?!’ My husband thought a bit of heat might be a nice addition. Maybe another time. In its original format, this recipe makes a lovely, fresh, flavorful dish! - em-i-lis —em-i-lis
Serves 4 (as a side dish)
tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
tablespoon toasted sesame oil
teaspoon lemon juice
cup parsley, chopped
- Scrub carrots and radishes. Peel carrots, and shred using a mandoline, or in a food processor fitted with a shredding disk. Julienne radishes into thin matchsticks.
- Transfer shredded carrots and julienned radishes into a serving bowl. Pour in rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey and lemon juice, and toss vegetables to coat evenly. Sprinkle with shredded parsley.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw