If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My foodie friend Susan passed this recipe along to me. I'm not quite sure if its hers or not (she is a retired food consultant) but its a lovely way to serve brussel sprouts. —Adele
pounds brussel sprouts
pound white pearl onions
freshly ground pepper
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
teaspoon finely chopped thyme
tablespoons red wine vinegar
cup chicken stock, warmed
cup roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Prepare sprouts, parboil two minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare onions; combine with sprouts and toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Arrange sprouts and onions in a single layer on a large cookie sheet.
- Roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden and tender (25 to 30 minutes).
- Transfer to a serving dish and toss with herbs, vinegar and chicken stock. Garnish with sunflower or pumpkin seeds and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts