Author Notes: My foodie friend Susan passed this recipe along to me. I'm not quite sure if its hers or not (she is a retired food consultant) but its a lovely way to serve brussel sprouts. —Adele
- 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts
- 1 pound white pearl onions
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock, warmed
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Prepare sprouts, parboil two minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare onions; combine with sprouts and toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Arrange sprouts and onions in a single layer on a large cookie sheet.
- Roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden and tender (25 to 30 minutes).
- Transfer to a serving dish and toss with herbs, vinegar and chicken stock. Garnish with sunflower or pumpkin seeds and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts