Author Notes: I actually came up with this recipe while preparing another recipe I submitted 'Tangy Brussels Sprout Chips.' While sampling the raw sprout leaves that had been tossed in oil and lemon juice, I thought "These would be amazing uncooked, tossed with fruit & nuts! Thus, Fresh & Fruity Brussels Sprout Salad was born! —Loves Food Loves to Eat
pounds brussels sprouts
Granny Smith Apple- diced
carrot- peeled and grated
cup toasted pecans
cup extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
cup dried cranberries (craisins)
tablespoons shaved parmesan
course ground salt and pepper
- Cut off Brussels stems, halve sprouts, and separate each layer. (For middles that wont' separate: set asidefor separate use, or dice fineor shred and add to salad)
- Toss sprout leaves, thinly diced apple, grated carrot, chopped toasted pecans, cranberries, and parmesan together in a bowl.
- Mix together salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice
- Add dressing mixture to salad and toss to coat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts