Author Notes: This “Chocolate Decadence” spinoff is a little less decadent than the original recipe,because in this version the raspberries dominate, and the supporting role goes to a lemon-infused, white chocolate ganache that clings to the berries like an elegant cloak. The ganache thickens as it cools, sealing the fruit so that the berries stay plump and juicy. I made this on the Fourth of July—red berries, white cream, and dark blue-black raspberries. —AppleAnnie
pint fresh red raspberries, rinsed and dried
pint fresh black raspberries, rinsed and dried
ounces sweetened white chocolate (1 bar)
teaspoon Grated lemon zest (from ½ lemon--a generous teaspoon)
teaspoons mild honey
cup crème fraiche
- Arrange the raspberries in 4 serving bowls.
- Melt white chocolate (on stovetop or in microwave.)
- Add the grated lemon zest to the melted chocolate.
- Stir in the honey and amaretto and blend well.
- Add the crème fraiche and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon three tablespoons of the white chocolate ganache over each bowl of berries.
- Refrigerate for at least a half hour to let the ganache firm up.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries