If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When we moved into our house, we kept getting caught on the overgrown thorny bush by our back deck. We had full intentions to trim it back or even uproot it entirely, until our friends came over for fondue one night. Turns out, she could identify it as a black raspberry bush. As you can imagine, our plans to pull up the bush vanished entirely. —SavvyJulie
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 6 ounces nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups black raspberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 500F. Grease a muffin tin or line one with papers.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Using a whisk, stir in the maple syrup, milk and yogurt, beating until completely combined.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, stopping as soon as the dry ingredients are incorporated. Gently stir in the raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Fill the prepared muffin tin so that each cup is about 3/4 full. Slide the pan into the oven and immediately decrease the temperature to 400F. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are browned and somewhat firm.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries