Author Notes: It’s amazing how much inspiration one recipe is able to give somebody who likes to experiment.
This cocktail is my makeover of a recipe for Strawberry Daiquiri Sorbet.
Since I don’t have an ice cream maker (just because my kitchen is too small for all the equipment I would like to own), I try what ever comes to my mined.
I also made this cocktail with strawberries, peaches, blood oranges, watermelon and also with mixed berries.
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 1 cup sugar
• 4-pints fresh raspberries or frozen, unsweetened raspberries, thawed
• 1/3 cup dark rum
• 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons triple sec or other orange liqueur
• Ice cubs for Cocktail Shaker
• 1 lime thinly sliced for garnish
- Stir water and sugar in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and syrup comes to simmer. Remove from heat and cool.
- Puree raspberries in processor or blender. Strain into medium bowl pressing with robber spatula or wooden spoon to extract as much juice as you can. Discard the seeds.
- Mix in rum, lime juice, triple sec and syrup into raspberry puree. Chill until cold.
- Fill Cocktail Shaker with 3/4 cup ice cubes, pour 1 cup of Raspberry Daiquiri mix, cover and shake for about 30 seconds. Strain through cocktail strainer into glass, garnish with lime slice, and serve immediately.
- Make 1 cocktail at a time. Keep rum and orange liqueur on your serving tray to add a splash or two if any of your guest desire.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries