If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by two lemonade stands that Sconeboy and I visited on the way home from baseball practice. Adapted from the recipes for Raspberry Syrup and Meyer Lemon Lemonade, both in Alice Waters' Chez Panisse Fruit cookbook, this simple summer refresher will hit the spot. A shot of tequila might be a nice addition, for the grown-ups. —mrslarkin
Serves: 2 or more
for the raspberry syrup
heaping cup of red raspberries, picked over
cups turbinado sugar
for the raspberry lemonade
cup lemon juice, from about 6 lemons
sprig mint, plus more for garnish
round slices lemon, halved
2 - 4
ounces tequila, plus more for sampling (optional)
- FOR THE RASPBERRY SYRUP: In a small saucepan, mash the raspberries with a rubber spatula. Add water and bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes more.
- Using a fine mesh strainer set over a 4-cup measuring cup or medium bowl, pour the raspberry mixture into the strainer and press down on the solids with the rubber spatula until all that is left is mostly seeds.
- Pour the fruit liquid back into the saucepan, add the sugar and stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and pour into a jar. Chill. Makes about 2 cups.
- FOR THE RASPBERRY LEMONADE: Combine the lemon juice and water in a pitcher. Add a sprig of mint. Chill.
- Fill two tall glasses, Mason jars or jam jars half-way with ice. Pour in lemon water and sweeten with the raspberry syrup to taste. If using, add an ounce or two to each glass. Serve garnished with the lemon slices and sprigs of mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries