Author Notes: Inspired to create a sorbet by Abby Dodge, I chose to make three cocktail sorbets with the addition of a fresh herb.The Lemon Thyme Limoncello was my favorite! —Creative Culinary
cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
tablespoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- Combine water, lemon juice, sugar, and lemon thyme in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain liquid from solids, pressing gently. Allow to cool.
- Add Limoncello and chill several hours until very cold.
- Process with ice cream maker until firm, put into container and freeze.
- Scoop sorbet into a martini glass and serve with a sprig of lemon thyme.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail