If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was making basil-mint lemonade for my kids last week and had lots of left-over basil-mint simple syrup. That evening, this basil-mint mojito was born. I don't think I'll ever go back. —efood
- 1 shot Basil-Mint Simple Syrup (see below)
- 1 shot White Rum
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- Fizzy water
- 1 sprig Mint
- 1 lime slice
- Fill a tall glass with cracked ice.
- Add the basil-mint simple syrup, white rum, and lime juice.
- Fill the glass with fizzy water and garnish with mint sprig and lime slice.
- If you like it even more basil-minty you could add a few basil and mint leaves at the very beginning and muddle them, so you have a dirty basil-mint mojito.
Basil-Mint Simple Syrup
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Fresh mint (packed)
- 3/4 cup Fresh sweet basil (packed)
- Roughly chop the basil and mint.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce pan and simmer over low heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Strain and discard the solids. (Actually, before doing so, taste the basil and mint. Delicious.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail