If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Food52 Review: This drink is perfect for summer -- full of fresh flavors from the mint and watermelon, with a nice tang coming from the lime. My drink shaker allowed some pieces of the muddled watermelon to come through during straining which ended up making this drink more delicious, adding to its texture and depth. The frozen watermelon "ice cubes" were another welcome addition! Soda water added a great bubbly taste that makes this boozy beverage not only a feast for the the taste buds, but the eyes as well. It's a total crowdpleaser and sure to make an appearance at my next pool party! - totalnoms —totalnoms
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 6 pieces large mint leaves, torn
- 1 lime
- 5 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces soda water
- 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon, frozen and reserved
- In a cocktail shaker/glass, muddle 2 cups watermelon cubes, mint and juiced lime (juice and rind) until watermelon is broken down.
- Add 4 or 5 cubes of ice and vodka. Cap the cocktail shaker (or stir well in a glass) and shake until the shaker feels cold.
- Fill two 8 ounce glasses with ice and strain the mixture into the glasses. Top off with soda water. Garnish with the frozen watermelon cubes.
- For a non-alcoholic version, club soda could be substituted in place of the vodka. Make sure to strain the watermelon, mint and lime juice mixture into two glasses first and then top off with the club soda.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail