Author Notes: I used to order cherry rickeys by the liter; the contents of a paper cup with a straw from a fast food chain in Utah called Arctic Circle. I didn't know of anywhere else to get them, but all I knew was that I was fond of the tang of sprite with a bunch of lime swirled with grenadine. I don't take them so sweet anymore, but I do like them malty, mapley, and fizzy. —Brenna
- 2 ounces Your choice gin, bourbon, or rye
- 3 ounces Tart cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon Good quality Maple Syrup
- 4 ounces Sparkling Water
- 1/2 a lime, cut into wedges
- dashes Angostura bitters
- Fill a tall pint glass with as much ice, crushed or cubed, as it will fit.
- Pour spirit of choice, cherry juice, and maple over ice. Stir.
- Slowly pour sparkling water over the juice mixture (make sure it doesn't get too foamy).
- Squeeze in juice from the lime wedges, adding the shells to the glass as you go, then dash with bitters.
- Give one last easy stir. Enjoy in the sun.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail