If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Happy Bastille Day! —Lizthechef
tablespoon olive oil
leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced (white and pale green portions)
small onion, chopped
medium-sized baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
cups homemade chicken stock, or low-sodium, organic chicken stock
tablespoons white flour
cup milk or cream
sea salt and/or ground white pepper
fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a soup pot. Add the chopped leeks and onions. Cook over medium heat until limp but not browned.
- Add the diced potatoes and chicken stock. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot and cook soup until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Add the flour and milk/cream. Using a whisk, stir to break up the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Using either an immersion or standing blender, puree the soup until smooth. Add the salt and/or pepper to taste.
- Chill soup for a minimum of 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Stir and serve cold with a garnish of chopped chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup