Author Notes: Remember the song I will Survive by Gloria Gaynor? Well I do and this is my cocktail for Gloria! I will always survive any kitchen disaster, even making cocktails for Food52! —Maria Teresa Jorge
milliliters White Rhum
milliliters fresh watermelon juice
Watermelon to make little balls
milliliters pomegranate syrup
milliliters lime juice
- Make the watermelon juice by removing the skin and seeds and processing the watermelon. Sieve to get an extra smooth juice. Measure 300 ml of juice.
- Scoop little balls out of the watermelon and put them through a toothpick to decorate the glass.
- Put all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice cubes and shake well.
- Serve in iced Martini glasses with watermelon balls in toothpick.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail