Author Notes: It's a colorful and refreshing long drink. —Heaven On Hearth
- 2 ounces white rum
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons minty mint flavored simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon very berry blueberry flavored simple syrup
- 2 ounces club soda
- 5 leaves of mint and 1 sprig for decoration
- 8 to 10 blueberries
- In a long glass, squeeze juice of ½ lime, 2 tablespoons of minty mint flavored simple syrup, 1 tablespoon of very berry blueberry flavored simple syrup along with 5 mint leaves and about 5 blueberries and muddle until the mint leaves are bruised and the blueberries are a bit crushed.
- Pour 2 ounces of rum into the glass, fill with ice cubes, top with 2 ounces of soda and the remaining blueberries and stir. Add a sprig of mint as a decoration.
Minty Mint Simple Syrup & Very Berry Blueberry Simple Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup blue berries, crushed
- Bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir to ensure that all the sugar has melted. Remove from the heat and add 1 cup of mint leaves. I also like to add the stems, since they too have so many flavors. Let steep for another 10 minutes before straining, then just leave to cool. When cooled, pour in a glass bottle and keep refrigerated. This makes 1 cup of minty simple syrup.
- Bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir to ensure that all the sugar has melted. Add ½ cup blueberries that you crush before adding to the boiling syrup. Boil for another 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave in the hot liquid for another 5 minutes before straining, then just leave to cool. When cooled, pour in a glass bottle and keep refrigerated. This makes 1 cup of very berry blueberry simple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail