If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A food pickle recipe from the word go..Thank you Sarah K for the idea & instructions!
Disclaimer: maybe it was pure beginners luck, my instructions may not be up to the standards of the more experienced cooks out here. I'm listing the instructions exactly as I made the jam. —Panfusine
Makes 2 jars
- 36 greengage plums
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fresh ginger root extract
- 4 cloves powdered
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pit the washed and dried plums. add to a saucepan along with the juice of 1 lime and ginger extract and simmer until completely cooked.
- Using an immersion blender puree the plums (peels and all, the peels were pretty thin for these plums).
- Return to the stove, add the powdered cloves and cook down until some amount of water has evaporated. Measure out the volume and add an equal amount of sugar. Increase heat so that the sugar melts and the jam starts boiling rapidly, keep stirring to prevent the bottom from scorching. Test by checking if the jam slowly drips in flakes from the wooden spoon used to stir the mixture.
- ladle the jam into 2 sterilized jam jars, leaving about 1/4 inch at the top. Wipe any jam dripping on the rim of the jar. fit the lid and loosely screw on the ring till its just tight. Resist the temptation to tighten!
- bring a large deep saucepan of water to boil (over the top of the lids). Gently place the jars into the boiling water and let it sit for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from boiling water, wipe dry and tighten the ring completely and allow to cool.