Author Notes: Ma mère would fool my little brother Sebastian into eating this very healthy vegetable by passing the "little cabbages" over a grater. She then sauteed them in a little butter. —La Bonne Femme
packet brussel sprouts
piece butter or bacon fat
- Boil the brussel sprouts till done or slightly undercooked. Set aside to cool (easiest to handle if cold). Grate them all.
- Saute in butter or bacon fat for 2 minutes.
- Finish with salt and a little pepper or nutmeg.
- Serve separately in a dish or use as a garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts