If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very simple heirloom tomato salad. Its a take on a caprese - but Gorgonzola substitutes for mozzarella. —chrissy.spanoghe
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil leaves, whole
- salt and pepper
- Arrange the tomato slices on four salad plates, overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle a small amount of the crumbled Gorgonzola on top of the tomato slices.
- Drizzle each plate with the olive oil and the balsamic. Do not use too much or it will overwhelm the flavor of the tomato.
- Sprinkle some salt and crack some black pepper all over the plates.
- Lay a couple of basil leaves in the center of each salad, and top with a mound of the thinly-sliced red onion. Serve and enjoy!