pound brussel sprouts
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
teaspoon sea salt
- Cut brussel sprouts in half and trim.
- chop garlic finely, and set aside
- Place brussel sprouts in pot of boiling water for 1 minute. Immediately transfer to pot of ice water to shock them. After another minute, remove brussel sprouts from ice water.
- Add oil and chopped garlic to a saute pan, and cook over medium heat for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add Brussel sprouts and saute for about 5 minutes until brussel sprouts are cooked through and start to crisp, but do not burn.
- Sprinkle with cumin and sea salt, and cook one more minute. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts