Author Notes: This "recipe" wins over every person I've ever made it for, even the haters. —bonappetithon
bunch brussel sprouts (approximately 8 to 12 ounces)
Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Trim the bottom of the brussel sprouts and remove the first outer layer of leaves.
- Cut each brussel sprout in half, from top to bottom.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the brussel sprouts to the pan, cut side down, and season with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cut sides are charred, the rest of the leaves are bright green, and the brussel sprouts are just tender, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Enjoy plain or garnish with lemon zest or grated Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts