If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a remix of a recipe my mom used to make me when I was a kid. I decided to replace the beef the recipe usually calls for with corn and summer squash. This is a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables. —Dabblings
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 ears of fresh corn; kernels removed from the cob
- 1/2 cup of summer squash; diced
- 1/2 a green pepper; seeds and veins removed then diced
- 1 carrot; peeled and diced?
- 1 medium onion; finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery; diced
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 potato rolls; toasted
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted add all of the vegetables to the skillet. Saute the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, Tabasco, and water.
- Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Add more water if it gets too dry. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on buns. This is also good over rice.