If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The only tomatoes that grow happily in my Ocean Park yard are cherry tomatoes of all colors. During the summer harvest, I make this sauce frequently. —abbyarnold
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- Wash the tomatoes and cut each one in half. Spread olive oil into a 9x12 glass pan. Add tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Press garlic cloves over the tomatoes and stir.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally as the juices caramelize.
- When the tomatoes are roasted and the garlicky/tomatoey olive oil smells delicious, remove from the oven.
- This sauce is delicious over pasta, in a pasta salad, over grilled vegetables, over a grilled fish, or scrambled into Sunday morning eggs. I keep whatever is left of the sauce in a recycled plastic tub in the fridge, where it keeps nicely for 2 days if there is any left uneaten.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes