The only tomatoes that grow happily in my Ocean Park yard are cherry tomatoes of all colors. During the summer harvest, I make this sauce frequently.
The only tomatoes that grow happily in my Ocean Park yard are cherry tomatoes of all colors. During the summer harvest, I make this sauce frequently.—abbyarnold
pounds cherry tomatoes
cup olive oil
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon cracked pepper
In This Recipe
- Wash the tomatoes and cut each one in half. Spread olive oil into a 9x12 glass pan. Add tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Press garlic cloves over the tomatoes and stir.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally as the juices caramelize.
- When the tomatoes are roasted and the garlicky/tomatoey olive oil smells delicious, remove from the oven.
- This sauce is delicious over pasta, in a pasta salad, over grilled vegetables, over a grilled fish, or scrambled into Sunday morning eggs. I keep whatever is left of the sauce in a recycled plastic tub in the fridge, where it keeps nicely for 2 days if there is any left uneaten.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes