If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a perfect lazy summer Italian Sunday dinner I grilled the tiny peewee potatoes, green beans and onions. The fresh cherry and grape tomatoes are sliced in half and mixed in with all of the vegetables and olives. A few fresh herbs of rosemary, oregano, thyme, and basil in small amounts really perks up the salad. A drizzle of your favorite vinegar is added just before serving. Today I added about a teaspoon of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil from my special stash, it really is intense and a little goes a long way so not many fresh herbs are necessary.
A good make ahead recipe and take along salad. —ibbeachnana
- 1 pint of mixed baby tomatoes, or you can use wedges of regular fresh tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen whole green beans, grilled
- 20 peewee potatoes, halved, grilled
- 1 red onion sliced and grilled
- 3/4 cup pitted oil cured olives
- mixed lettuces, Romaine, arugula and butter lettuce
- 2 teaspoon chopped capers.
- Fresh herbs of your choice
- Red or white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil for grilled vegetables and salad
- Parboil the potatoes, be sure they are still a little firm, cut in half. Season all of the vegetables before grilling with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill, turning every now and then to get a little char. Toss the grilled vegetables with the tomatoes, drizzle a little olive oil. Prep lettuces and chill until serving time. Just before serving toss the vegetables with the lettuce season with red or white wine vinegar and fresh herbs...one night I will try balsamic vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes