Author Notes: For a perfect lazy summer Italian Sunday dinner I grilled the tiny peewee potatoes, green beans and onions. The fresh cherry and grape tomatoes are sliced in half and mixed in with all of the vegetables and olives. A few fresh herbs of rosemary, oregano, thyme, and basil in small amounts really perks up the salad. A drizzle of your favorite vinegar is added just before serving. Today I added about a teaspoon of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil from my special stash, it really is intense and a little goes a long way so not many fresh herbs are necessary.
A good make ahead recipe and take along salad. —ibbeachnana
- 1 pint of mixed baby tomatoes, or you can use wedges of regular fresh tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen whole green beans, grilled
- 20 peewee potatoes, halved, grilled
- 1 red onion sliced and grilled
- 3/4 cup pitted oil cured olives
- mixed lettuces, Romaine, arugula and butter lettuce
- 2 teaspoon chopped capers.
- Fresh herbs of your choice
- Red or white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil for grilled vegetables and salad
- Parboil the potatoes, be sure they are still a little firm, cut in half. Season all of the vegetables before grilling with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill, turning every now and then to get a little char. Toss the grilled vegetables with the tomatoes, drizzle a little olive oil. Prep lettuces and chill until serving time. Just before serving toss the vegetables with the lettuce season with red or white wine vinegar and fresh herbs...one night I will try balsamic vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes