Author Notes: With foaming-at-the-mouth anticipation, I wait for tomato season as it rolls slowly around each year. I can eat my body weight in tomatoes daily, but my favorites are Sungolds. They are like compact bursts of perfection, and I love them in fancy-dress or naked as can be.
I also love to watch my little boys (5 and 2.5) chow, and they are great eaters. Anchovies, garlic and all, they LOVE this recipe, and in fact, we just gobbled up a full dish for family snack before they head to bed and my hubby and I cook dinner. Enjoy! —em-i-lis
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups Sungold tomatoes (or a similar Cherry-type tom)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovies, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon good quality Balsamic vinegar
- parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh ricotta
- toasted baguette slices
- Preheat your oven to 295.
- In a 10" skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the anchovies and garlic and reduce heat to medium-low; stir fairly continuously, to avoid burning or major browning, until soft.
- Add the capers, tomatoes and parsley, and stir to incorporate everything. Add the Balsamic vinegar. Grind a bit of fresh pepper over the top.
- Put the skillet full of Sungolds into the oven and roast in the low heat until the tomatoes just start to break down, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the tomatoes and sauce over grilled or toasted baguette slices with a smear of fresh ricotta!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes