If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick, easy, tasty and colorful appetizer. I have included a few pictures to show the simple method I use. All you need equipment wise is a sushi mat. —dymnyno
1/4 pound thinly sliced rare roast beef (like from the deli)
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Spread out the sushi mat and cover it with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Cover the wrap with slices of rare roast beef, overlapping each slice almost to the edge. Leave about an inch all around.
- Cover the roast beef with basil leaves.
- Slice or squash with your hands the cherry tomatoes in a bowl and add a splash of olive oil and some sea salt. Scoop the tomatoes and place them down the center of the basil.
- Starting at one end roll the beef using the wrap and sushi roller into a tight roll.
- Slice the roll into about 3 inch segments and then unwrap and sprinkle with sea salt and grind a little black pepper over the wraps.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes