Author Notes: This is a marinade that my husband Joe makes whenever we do Salmon. It involves 2 of his favorite ingredients: garlic and mustard...I only added a few flourishes for good measure. —Aurora Jimenez Haydostian
cup Good quality Mustard
Old Bay seasoning
sprigs Fresh dill
Splash Olive oil
Dash White wine
pounds Salmon filet
- Wash & pat dry your salmon filet-I like to cut it into portions for ease of BBQ, but you don't need to.
- Measure mustard into a small bowl, add garlic (crush it don't chop) use as many cloves as you like. We do about 4.
- Finely chop dill and add to marinade.
- Add some old bay (use enough as you won't season your fish directly)
- Lastly, add the olive oil and splash of whatever white wine you're drinking.
- Slather mixture all over fish and let sit while the coals get hot. Pour yourself another glass of wine
- When coals are ready, place fish directly on the grill. Cover & wait no more than 5 mins. Flip fish and let cook another 4mins or so, covered.
- Remove from grill and plate. Serve with homemade Tzatziki on the side. Yummy!