If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently read here on food52 that Bill Clinton is a vegan! Although I am not a strict vegan like President Clinton, I generally like to eat lower on the food chain. I usually just throw things together when I make a quick curry, but this time around I wrote it down. The ingredients are largely taken from the label from a jar of Patak's mild curry paste, except fresh!
Will update... —Sadassa_Ulna
Serves a village
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin, plus more possibly
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more possibly
- 3 pods cardamom
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon tamarind, plus more possibly
- 2 carrots
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, plus more possibly
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, loosely packed, plus more possibly
- Heat a small stockpot over medium heat. Add oil and onions and cook 10 minutes.
- One by one prep ingredients and add to pot. Keep going and stop after adding chickpeas.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 30 minutes. Add potatoes and cook another 20 minutes. Add edamame and cook another 5-10 minutes. Add cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with basmati rice.