If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’m on holiday at my parent’s country house with the whole family, meaning 12 to 17 every day. I make the desserts, my sister and my son the savoury dishes. This is a blessing, just being in my pastry world. Wi-fi and computer connection is surreal, half an hour to get connected with the world, but that’s fine with me, I need a break. But last night, I needed one of my recipes posted on food52 and had to sum up all my courage to borrow an internet connection and a computer. THEN, I saw the peach tart contest and it blew my mind – my all time favourite thing, the family’s favourite dessert. How could I not make one? I’ve been making fig and peach tarts because that’s about all the fruit we have left in the trees. Apart from those two fruits we have almonds and blackberries in the forest. Then I remembered that our neighbour had brought in, as a gift, some fabulous rosemary honey. So, out of these fruits and the honey, this tart was made, with few utensils, proving that I can still make things without all the gimmick of tools I have (but which I love!!!). —Maria Teresa Jorge
Almond Honey Cream
- 4 ounces rosemary honey
- 4 ounces soft butter
- 4 ounces almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat the butter and honey until very pale and fluffy. Add the almond extract and incorporate.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat very well until mixture is very light and airy.
- • Fold in the almond meal and the flour mixture.
- Put the mixture in the fridge until needed. Any leftover cream can be kept in the fridge for 1 week.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 1/2 cups Almond cream ( see above)
- 4 to 5 peaches
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet so it's quite thin. Cut the sides with a sharp knife so the pastry raises well. Put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Peel and slice the peaches.
- Spread a thin layer of almond cream on the pastry leaving a 1 inch border. Cover the cream with slices of peaches.
- Fold the borders of the pastry over the cream and peaches, enough to contain them.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and cook until golden brown.
- Decorate with blackberries if you wish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart