If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For corn purists here is a simple recipe. You can decide how much cream sauce to serve with the corn. This can be more like a fresh corn chowder with a generous sauce serving. —Sagegreen
- @ 1/2 cup of water
- @ 2 cups of corn cut of the cob
- pinch of kosher salt
- fresh milled black pepper, to taste
- @ 1/4-1/3 cup of crème fraîche
- @ 2 tbl. of basil, mint, and lemon verbena, chiffonade style
- inch of Maldon salt flakes or other finishing salt
- Place the water and corn in a pan. Scrape a knife against the grain of the cobs to milk any juice from the cob to add to the pan. Add some salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, uncovered and cook for 4-6 minutes until at least half of the water boils off. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the crème fraîche until it melts like butter. Stir in the fresh herbs. Add a finishing salt and serve warm.