Author Notes: Kale is such a super versatile veggie. You can stir fry, eat it raw or bake to create kale chips--which is my sure-fire way to get my son to eat kale. It's so simple that not only will my son eat it, he can make it himself too. Sometimes I top pizzas with this for an added crunch and greens. —edamame2003
bunch kale (lacinato works well)
tablespoon olive oil
- separate the kale leaves from the rib and tear into 'chip'-sized pieces
- after washing and drying the kale, add salt and massage the kale for about a minute, evenly distributing the salt.
- let the kale sit for about 10 minutes.
- mix in the olive oil and lemon juice to coat the leaves.
- place on a baking tray (I line mine with parchment paper) and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until crisp.