If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy, fast and perfect for a weeknight dinner. I served this on top of brown rice and fresh baby spinach. —plumsintheicebox
- 1 starfruit
- 8-12 shrimp
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1 splash sesame or canola oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or rice flour
- 1 pinch powdered ginger
- Get the shrimp ready, defrost if frozen and pull their tails off.
- Slice the starfruit horizontally.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, rice flour (or cornstarch) and powdered ginger. Stir well; there might be a few small chunks of flour left, but these will disappear when you combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok, add garlic and stir-fry just until hot.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat with oil and vinegar; cook about 45 seconds to 1 minute, making sure to move the shrimp around the pan continuously.
- 6. Add sauce, then starfruit, and stir well. Cook for about 1 1/2 or 2 minutes, or until heated through. The sauce will thicken just a bit due to the flour or cornstarch; make sure it's thickened before you stop cooking.