If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a Cooks.com recipe for Lemon Sole (http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1917,149175-229201,00.html). I tried the original out and found that unless you use a crazy amount of butter you get no sauce for the brown rice I like with my fish, and then it's just straight butter. If you up the lemon juice to get more liquid, it's way sour. Solution: lots of lemon juice, with some brown sugar to sweeten it up and caramelize with the veggies--delicious! —FoodStampGourmet
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, coarsely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter/margarine
- 1/2ish cups lemon juice, depends how sour you like it
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 dash salt or to taste
- 1 dash black pepper or to taste
- 1-2 dashes dried or fresh mint flakes (optional but lovely)
- 4 filets trout or salmon
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups (brown) rice, cooked with a little lemon juice
- In large pan, saute mushrooms and onions in butter over medium heat until mostly cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and sugar and combine well. Season to taste. Add water.
- Scrape veggies to sides of pan, and put fish in the middle. Scoop veggies and sauce over fish, cover pan, and cook until fish is done and sauce has thickened, about 8-10 minutes depending on size of filets.
- While fish is cooking prepare rice whatever your favorite way is. Serve fish and veggies over rice with plenty of sauce on top and steamed green veggies on the side.