If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Everybody that cooks has their go-to recipes. These are hip pocket and after some time, one never needs to refer to the written instructions.
I can make a standard pie crust in my sleep. And every variation from pate brisee ordinaire, to pates sucrees.
However, everyone needs a really quick and easy crust that doesn't need rest time. And this is the nut crust. Use any nuts, from walnuts to pecans, just toast them first to bring out the flavor. —gpaera
Makes: ten inch tart crust
cup Toasted nuts (any kind will do)
cups All purpose flour
cup Cold butter, cubed
- In food processor blend cooled nuts and sugar. Be careful not to over process into a nut butter.
- Add APF and pulse to blend
- Pulse butter until small pea like pieces
- Add yolk and pulse 5 to 7 seconds. The original recipe called for a four hour chill. I omitted this step and have have never looked back.I usually do a blind bake but have used the crust without blind baking.
- Press the crust into place in a ten inch tart pan with your fingers.