If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fun and healthy way to eat breast chicken. The red, yellow and green bell peppers give a vibrant look for this dish.
Maybe it seems a complicated recipe, but it's very easy to prepare. Here are three tips to help you. First, put the bell peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. This will help you to weave them between the chicken. Second, do not put a pepper close to the end of the chicken stripes. The length of the strips will reduce and the pepper may drop off. Third, making the braid on a parchment paper will help you to turn it on the pan. If you want, you can also replace the chicken for pork tenderloin or beef. —Lulussweetsecrets
- parchment paper
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips 0.2 in wide, pre-cooked
- 1 yellow pepper cut into strips 0.2 in wide, pre-cooked
- 1 green pepper cut into strips 0.2 in wide, pre-cooked
- 1.5 kg chicken breasts cut into strips 0.2 in wide
- A drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place on a piece of parchment paper two strips of each pepper, one beside the other. Try putting the colors in the same order (red, yellow, green and new red, yellow, green, or other order of colors you prefer).
- Take a chicken strip and place horizontally as follow:
- beneath the red pepper strip over the yellow pepper strip beneath the green pepper strip over the red pepper strip beneath the strip of yellow pepper over the strip of green pepper. Take another strip of chicken and fit horizontally on the side of the first strip of chicken, like this: over the strip of red pepper beneath the strip of yellow pepper over the strip of green pepper beneath the red pepper strip over the yellow pepper strip beneath the green pepper strip Do this two more times, alternating the chicken strip with peppers strips. Let the strips close together to be more firm and nice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pan place a little olive oil and with the help of parchment paper turn the chicken peppers weave on the pan. Hold the weave with a spatula until you feel that the strips are firm. Grill over medium heat for +/- 3 minutes or until golden. Turn with a spatula and allow for +/- 1 minute to finish cooking the chicken.