Author Notes: I made up one day on a whim because I had some pears about to go bad and some chicken... It is really delicious and easy to make! If you do not have Brie, I have made it with other cheeses. Use this as a base and play with flavor combos! —ginnygetsfloury
Slice of Bread
tablespoons White Worcestershire Sauce
Brie or other cheese, as much as you want
- Marinate the chicken in the worcestershire sauce for a least 2 hours and up to a day beforehand.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through.
- Slice the pear into strips around the core.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a frying pan over medium heat until melted.
- Cook the pear in the butter until softened and beginning to brown.
- Sprinkle with thyme and mix to cover. Season with salt and pepper.
- On the stove, heat the other tablespoon of butter in a frying pan and tilt the pan to move the butter over the frying pan.
- Place the bread on the frying pan. Put slices of cheese on two of the slices of bread. Toast the bread to your desired toastedness and the cheese melts.
- Remove from the frying pan. Place slices of chicken on the bread with the cheese, top with the pears and then cover with the other piece of bread.
- Slice and eat! yummy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears