If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This combination proved to be really satisfying. Served on a bed of greens, it's a great lunch dish or nice as a dinner side. You can also serve this salad using apples instead of pears. —Bevi
ripe pears, peeled and chopped roughly
medium sized golden beets
tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
tablespoon olive oil
capful white wine or champagne vinegar
kosher or sea salt and ground pepper to taste
handfuls greens of your liking
handfuls Nuts to your liking
- Wrap the beets in foil and roast in a 425 degree oven, about 45 minutes.
- in the meantime, place the chopped pears in a medium sized bowl, and dress with the honey, olive oil, and vinegar. Let sit.
- When the beets are done, let them cool, then peel and chop into the pears and vinaigrette.
- Stir ingredients thoroughly. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the salad onto the bed of greens. Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese and nuts atop the beet and pear salad.
- N.B. I used red kale in the photo above.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears