- Serves 8
This has become a favorite dessert recipe of mine. Although, you can fit this recipe in many categories. Simple preparation of superior ingredients. The roasted pears mix with balsamic vinegar and honey to carmalize in your mouth. To top it off, a bite with goat cheese and fresh cracked black pepper. No one can eat just one! - ashley_samuel_pierson —ashleychasesdinner
Test Kitchen Notes
This dessert is really crazy good, and as simple as can be. A few minutes of prep, then pop it in the oven and wait 30 minutes (which is a perfect break between dinner and dessert). Then you have just a few more minutes of finishing touches before digging into a soft roasted pear in a butter balsamic glaze, its sweetness mirrored in the honey and contrasted by the salty bite of the goat cheese, plus the great little hint of black pepper heat. The only thing I might add is just a bit of crunch, perhaps a toasted nut or a cookie of some sort. Try this once and it will become an autumn go-to in the months and years to come! - aargersi —aargersi
Bosc pears, halved lengthwise and cored
fresh goat cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put butter in a 9x13 baking dish and melt in oven for 2 minutes.
- Arrange pears cut side down, single layered. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Pour vinegar over pears and roast for 7 minutes more.
- Transfer pears to serving dish, cut side up. Spoon juices over pears from baking dish. Arrange cheese on and around pears.
- Drizzle pears and cheese with honey. Grind fresh black pepper over the top of pears and cheese.
- Note: I used crumbled goat cheese. If using pieces of goat cheese, arrange over the pears. You may cut 8 pieces prior to assembly.