Author Notes: Made it up for an appetizer and it evolved over time —Orleans Jean
Serves a small crowd
- 2 Comice pears
- 1 small wedge Cambozola Black cheese (or equivalent brie-like blue cheese)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts (large pieces or small halves)
- Slice pears vertically in 1/8" (max) slices about center core in pinwheel fashion. Be careful not include any of the core in the slices. Lay out on serving plate.
- Slice cheese as thinly as possible (1/16 inch thick) and about 1-inch square. Place a piece of cheese on the center of each pear slice.
- Press a raw walnut half (I prefer raw walnuts to toasted and I prefer walnuts in this recipe over pecans) into each slice of cheese. This will provide a slight attachment to the pear below.
- Serve with a nice Riesling and enjoy. Be careful - you can overindulge on this and then not want your dinner!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears