If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made it up for an appetizer and it evolved over time —Orleans Jean
Serves: a small crowd
small wedge Cambozola Black cheese (or equivalent brie-like blue cheese)
cup raw walnuts (large pieces or small halves)
- Slice pears vertically in 1/8" (max) slices about center core in pinwheel fashion. Be careful not include any of the core in the slices. Lay out on serving plate.
- Slice cheese as thinly as possible (1/16 inch thick) and about 1-inch square. Place a piece of cheese on the center of each pear slice.
- Press a raw walnut half (I prefer raw walnuts to toasted and I prefer walnuts in this recipe over pecans) into each slice of cheese. This will provide a slight attachment to the pear below.
- Serve with a nice Riesling and enjoy. Be careful - you can overindulge on this and then not want your dinner!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears