This cheesy deliciousness is packed full of a whole head of cauliflower and an entire butternut squash. And the best part is that you can’t taste either one of them.
This cheesy deliciousness is packed full of a whole head of cauliflower and an entire butternut squash. And the best part is that you can’t taste either one of them.—KitchenThymes
4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 1 1/2 pound squash)
4 cups of low- fat milk
2 teaspoons of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
9 ounces of cheddar cheese
1/4 cup (1 ounce) of finely grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 pound uncooked your favorite pasta
1 head of cauliflower finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the squash, and milk, in a medium saucepan. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat, being careful not to scorch the milk. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend the milk and squash until its smooth. While it’s still hot, add in the 9 ounces of cheese.
- Cook the pasta, with the cauliflower according to package directions, and drain well.
- Combine the pasta and cauliflower mixture with the squash mixture, in a dutch oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.