Well, I love butternut squash soup and I am always looking for a fun and easy way to change it up. When fennel was on sale, this recipe was born.
Well, I love butternut squash soup and I am always looking for a fun and easy way to change it up. When fennel was on sale, this recipe was born.—ginnygetsfloury
butternut squash, roasted
fennel bulb, chopped
sweet onion, chopped
tablespoons olive oil
cups chicken broth
teaspoon ground ginger
salt and pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- In a stock pot, heat the olive oil and saute the onions until soft.
- Add the fennel and pear, saute until the pear is soft.
- Add the roasted butternut squash.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Boil until a fork goes through the fennel easily. About 15 minutes.
- In batches, food process the ingredients until smooth.
- Return to the stock pot, mix in the salt, pepper and ginger. Heat to desired temperature and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side