Author Notes: Sometimes the best roasted vegetables are the simplest ones. These carrots look funny, shriveled up and brown, but they taste like pure honey. Give them a try and let us know what you think. Come and cook with us!
pound fresh carrots, orange or purple
tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash and slice carrots into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place carrots onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat lightly.
- Spread across baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side