If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I could only find a large rutabaga today, I bought too many parsnips and carrots for an earlier recipe. What to do, what to do. So, I had all of our favorite roots in the house. It was suggested by my non-cooking husband to put them all together and mash away. So mash I did. Sometimes the most simple things are the best. —GiGi26
Serves 5 or 6
- 1 small rutabaga
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnip
- 1 leek light green and white part only
- 2 potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the leek and slice it thinly
- Peel and cut the roots (vegetables) into equal sized pieces. About I inch.
- Put all the vegetables in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and continue cooking until all are fork tender. About 20 minutes.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Add butter and mash with a potato masher leaving some texture to the vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side