Author Notes: Tangy goat cheese and lemony thyme pair perfectly with the caramelized carrots. —foodiebride
pounds whole carrots
tablespoons olive oil
sprigs fresh thyme
cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel the carrots and cut diagonally into thirds. If the carrots are large, half or quarter the pieces (aiming for uniform so the pieces will cook evenly).
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and the leaves stripped from the thyme sprigs.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Crumble goat cheese over the warm carrots and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side