If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This started out as a simple recipe that a neighbor gave my mom back in the 80's. She used white rice and no cheese. I was recently given a BIG bag of fresh okra from my boyfriend's parents' garden a month ago and my mom told me about this recipe. I had also just bought a bag of quinoa and some fresh parmesan cheese so I added my own touch to it. I love this recipe and how simple but delicious it is! Works well as a side or meatless meal. —laurenp81
- 16 ounces okra
- 14.5 ounces can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- additional basil & oregano to taste (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour vegetable broth, quinoa, okra and tomatoes (with juice) in 9x9 baking dish.
- Grate parmesan. Mix with additional spices if you choose to do so and then sprinkle mixture on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked.