If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made chicken stock yesterday with a family size package of wings that I roasted first, and then simmered. So...what to do with the meat - which already has a slight celery flavor from being boiled with the stock? Make my version of a retro Waldorf Salad since I had red seedless grapes to use up and a bowl of fresh, fall apples from the Farmer's Market on the counter.
Note: Photo courtesy of Southern Living Magazine www.southernliving.com —Burnt Offerings
- 1 cup Shredded chicken meat
- 1 large stalk of celery, finely diced
- 1 Apple, cored and finely diced (I used Rome, you can use whatever you like)
- 1/2 cup Red, seedless grapes cut in half
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped (almonds or walnuts are nice too)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Major Grey's Chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Madras Curry Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the chicken, celery, apple, grapes, and walnuts and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and correct for taste. You can add more or less mayo, chutney, lemon juice, curry - it's up to you.
- Pour the dressing over the other ingredients and mix well.
- Serve it as is, on a bed of lettuce, in a sandwich - makes a healthy lunch!