Author Notes: Looking for something easy to make for lunch or dinner? Panini’s are super easy and you can make them with whatever you have in your fridge. If you don’t have a Panini maker, don’t worry! You can use a grill pan or a skillet on your stovetop. I like to use whatever I have in my fridge. This is a great way to make use of leftovers. You can use any country-style bread you like. Enjoy!
—Chef Laura at Home
Eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch thick
Mozzarella, sliced thin
salt & pepper
Ciabatta bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Drizzle olive oil onto the eggplant and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on both sides till cooked through.
- Brush one side of the bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn bread oiled side down, top bread with mozzarella, eggplant and arugula. Make sure that your first and last layer is mozzarella. The mozzarella will melt and help keep the Panini together.
- Place one or two sandwiches on the Panini maker and close the lid. Don't forget to pre-heat the Panini maker or grill pan. If you are using a grill pan, use another skillet wrapped in tinfoil to weigh the sandwich down.
- I also have a cup of homemade soup with my Panini, a perfect meal!