If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My take on Hawaiian poke, made with tuna, avocado, and a ginger-soy-sesame marinade. Perfect for a night you don't really want to cook, but way better than takeout!! —Anna Watson Carl
- 1 pound sashimi grade tuna, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno chile minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bibb lettuce, to serve
- Combine the tuna, shallot, ginger, jalapeno (if using), sesame oil, soy sauce, and cilantro in a medium bowl and toss gently to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, fold in the avocado. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (I found that it was flavorful enough without salt and pepper, but season according to your taste.)